This is the first time for me to extend my New Year greeting to you as the chairman of the M2M Alliance after being elected by the General Annual Meeting in March 2016. I had the pleasure to start leading the Alliance in their tenth anniversary year.
For ten years now, the M2M Alliance has been successfully supporting the digital transformation of business and society according to our idea “enabling digital transformation”.
The tenth M2M Summit in October has shown again that the event is deemed to be the most important gathering for M2M, IoT and digital transformation in Europe. Experts and users from all over the world met in Düsseldorf to discuss the latest solutions and developments.
As the M2M Alliance is an active member of the OPC OA as well as the IIC (Industrial Internet Consortium) we have a wide knowledge to share on proven IoT ecosystem projects. We offer to our members to access the presentations of the last IIC meetings (Coronado, Reston, Tokyo, Roth).
Innovation & Changes
In order to further strengthen the character of the M2M and IoT Community, I am able to present to you at the beginning of the year some innovations and a transformed M2M Alliance.
- The M2M Alliance will have a new business address in Düsseldorf and bundle its forces directly from the Media Harbor.
- Our website www.m2m-alliance.com has been relaunched due to improve our online presence through a better focus on a broader range of core issues besides a wide range of content. The new M2M Alliance blog also offers you the ideal opportunity to present your products and solutions to a wide audience. Join the new members section and register as a member of the M2M Alliance from your personal access to exclusive videos, presentations and documentaries.
- Cornelia Kaiser, Assistant to the Board Members, is still your first contact person. You can reach her via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The M2M Alliance team has grown since September 2016, Petra Geerken joints the M2M Alliance as Marketing Manager. It is our goal to improve our services to faster comply with our member’s requirements. Please contact her concerning all marketing and communication issues. E-Mail: email@example.com.
- In the past year we have already managed our contact database and online marketing activities in-house. As a result, the Alliance already has a considerable range of influence through different media channels (about 15,000 mailing contacts, more than 7000 Twitter Follower, a strong presence on youtube LinkedIn, Xing and other Social Media channels). Talk to Petra / Cornelia about how we can help you to use this opportunity.
- We will still offer to our member the organization of “Themenabende” at their company campus while assisting in finding speakers and invite guests via the M2M Alliance network. From now on we call it “M2M-Meet-ups”.
We also offer to our member to actively work with us on all M2M/IoT issues and are very pleased to distribute your news and solutions into the M2M/IoT community.
I am looking forward to a personal meeting at the Annual General Meeting on 30th March, one of the M2M Alliance Meetups, the M2M/IoT pavilion on this year’s CeBIT, the Embedded World in Nurenberg and or the 11th M2M Summit on 10th/11th October 2017 in Düsseldorf. This is only an extract out of further events we will participate or organize. We keep you informed.
For so long, I wish you all the best as well as a good start into the New Year 2017!
1st Chairman of the M2M-Alliance e.V.